I am a member of the Collective Bias® Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias and their client to create Halloween recipes.
We were a bit late getting up Halloween decorations this year. I half think about skipping them but the kids love Halloween decorations so we kept it simple as I dug through the Halloween box. After we decorated we made a fun little treat to celebrate Halloween time.
I picked up Mars Candy Variety Packs, 7UP, and Hawaiian Punch during a recent shopping trip to Walmart in hopes of success with my planned Halloween recipes.
I decided that we would make a Halloween colored trifle. I love trifles if you haven’t figured that out yet. This trifle is perfect for after Halloween too! You can use up some of the Mars Candies that your kids collect while Trick or Treating because they don’t really need it all, right?! After Halloween, I would make a chocolate cake and orange whipped topping to make it more fall-ish!
Halloween Candy Trifle
- 1 cake made from cake mix – prepared as on the box (add food coloring to a yellow cake to make it orange as pictured)
- 1 large (or 2 small) tubs of Whipped Topping
- A variety of chocolate Mars Candies
- Food coloring – yellow, red
- Cut the cake into approximated 1-1/2″ to 1″ cubes.
- Chop the candies into pieces (bite size candies were cut into quarters). I had lots of help with this step …
- Color half the whipped topping yellow.
- Layer the cake, yellow whipped topping, white topping, and chopped chocolate candy. Repeat twice.
- Sprinkle the remaining the chopped chocolate candy and any crumbs over the top as decoration.
To go with a dessert you need a scary drink, right? Since we made a monster in our front window as we decorated, we made a Monster Fruit Punch. My kids are very experimentive in drinks so I kept it simple.
Monster Teeth Fruit Punch
- Hawaiian Punch 1 Gallon Fruit Juicy Red
- 7UP 2 Liter
For a small batch, mix half of the Hawaiian Punch 1 Gallon Fruit Juicy Red and half of the 7UP 2 Liter. Put 3-5 marshmallows on a tooth pick to look like Monster teeth. Add your row of teeth to the Monster Fruit Punch and they will float!
Check out the Mars Halloween Recipes! Check out other ideas on Pinterest too …
What are your favorite Halloween recipes? Leave me a comment and let me know!