As a family of five now, we have to look for deals when we travel. I am the first to admit that we don’t travel often but here are the tips I have for finding the best deals for your family when you travel!
1. Research where you are going. If you just up and go some where, you are way more likely to go over your budget!
2. Be flexible when you go. One weekend might be cheaper than another because there is a conference or an event happening where you go. If you have no interest in those activities, plan an off time trip to those areas to get the best deals.
3. Ask the locals for suggestions in places to go and eat. They will tell you where they go which will give you a better value for your money instead of hitting up the tourist spots.
4. Look for those coupon books when you get to your destination. You might find coupons food, activities, and even souvenirs!
5. Find an all inclusive deal. If a location offers an all inclusive deal, you will generally save money on activities and food costs!
6. Don’t forget to research the best way to travel. Don’t assume that one way is going to be cheaper than another. Price out gas for driving, flights for flying, and even the train or bus!
7. If your family is large, you may qualify for a group rate on your own. Some group rates start at only six people!
8. Ask for discounts such as senior citizen, AAA, military, etc. Check each “discount” to see which one gives you best price … I am often surprised to find different prices for each discount.
9. Check age requirements for paying. Every place is different. Last year when we were at the beach, we went one place where all three of my kids were free (3 and under was free!)
10. Ask around to your family, friends, Facebook friends, coworkers … anyone you know if they know about the area you want to go or even for ideas on where to go! People love to share tips and their deals (or mistakes!) Maybe they have a relative or friend that works some where that can give you a discount that you would have never known about unless you asked!
What are you best travel deal tips? Leave a comment and let me know! I would love to learn from your tips as we actual have a few trips planned this Spring/early summer!
Leave a Reply