I am excited about this review and giveaway! Why? We all need to drink more water. We know it yet we don’t do it. I have tried carrying around a bottle of water. That is best bet for me to drink water but bottled water is expensive. So to get to the budget saving tip early, filtering your own water and putting in it your own bottles is not only cheaper but better for the environment. Less plastic bottles that don’t get recycled, the better, right?!
PUR offered up this statistic to me:
Switching from bottled water to filtered and a reusable bottle can eliminate up
to 3,200 plastic bottles and save one person up to $600 annually.
We only buy bottled water when it is on a super sale but even at that we can probably save a fair amount by putting filtered water in a reusable bottle.
So we have been trying the PUR Flavor Options Water Pitcher for a couple of weeks now. We started out with the raspberry Flavor Option. The pitcher was easy to put together and get started using. You just add your water and let it filter down. As you pour the water out, you can decide if you want to add flavor or not. You also get to decide the amount of flavor you want to add. We have found out that I like a little bit of flavor but my husband likes more. I am impressed that you can change out the Flavor Option without finishing it. So if we want to switch over to lemon, we can do just that.
The details on the PUR Flavor Options:
- PUR Flavor Options is the first and only filter for tap water that lets you add a touch of sugar-free, calorie free fruit flavoring to your water.
- PUR Flavor Options was named the “Household Product of the Year” by Product of the Year USA in January 2009 and comes in raspberry, lemon, grape, and strawberry.
All that being said, we have really enjoyed using our PUR Flavor Options Water Pitcher. I do believe it has found a permanent home in our fridge. I have even started filling up my reusable water bottle before I leave for work with a splash of raspberry as an added treat. We have found that having the PUR Flavor Options Water Pitcher in our fridge has really increased our water drinking habits and anything that will keep us drinking more water is good stuff! So with all of that being said, I certainly recommend this product and hope you give it a try too. To think ahead a little, it would be a great holiday gift to either put on your wish list or give to someone else so keep that in mind.
Now for the really good part … I have the privilege of being able to offer one of my blog readers a PUR Flavor Options Water Pitcher.
This drawing will end Wednesday, September 30th at midnight EST. I will pick the winners using Random.org. The winner will have 48 hours to reply with their address. You must include your email address in your comment or have it in your profile so you can be contacted if you are a winner! Please make sure I can see your email address!!! You must complete the Mandatory Entry for the additional entries to count.
So how do you enter?
Mandatory Entry: Tell me what you think your favorite flavor would be: raspberry, lemon, grape, or strawberry. I can’t make it any more simple!
1) Follow me on Twitter. Leave a comment with your twitter name.
2) Tweet about this giveaway with this tweet:
RT: Win a PUR Flavor Option Water Pitcher! http://tinyurl.com/pnctj3 @simplybudgeted #giveaway ends Sept 30th Enter daily!
Leave a comment with the URL for your tweet. (One Tweet per day until end of giveaway!!) Another Twitter entry option that is DAILY!!! Get tweeting for these entries!
3) Blog about this giveaway and provide a link to the blog post. Leave a comment with the URL to the blog post.
4) Add my blog to your blog roll call. Leave a comment with the URL and where to find the link.
5) Follow me publicly through the Google Friends Connect on my side bar. Leave a comment with your name or account name.
6) Subscribe to my blog using the Subscribe To option on the sidebar. Leave a comment stating you subscribe.
7) Enter one of my other giveaways or leave a comment on one of my other posts. Leave a comment here letting me know which one. (Must be a new entry/comment dated after this is posted but it can be on any post.)
Note: PUR provided me with a PUR Flavor Options Water Pitcher to do this review.
I am hoping to get another tip posted this weekend.
Plus don’t forget about the Flirty Apron Giveaway that ends Sept 23rd!