Well I asked my teacher husband to help come up with these answers. These were his suggestions …
1. Pack your child’s lunch. Make it a healthy one with fruit and veggies! Use whole wheat bread too!
2. Get to know your child’s teacher.
3. Put an encouraging note in your child’s lunch box.
4. Check your child’s backpack … daily!!
5. Eat as a family so you can talk about the day!
6. Check the weight of your child’s backpack. Make sure they aren’t carrying too much on their growing backs!
7. Ask your child questions about the day. Tip: Make the questions have real answer and not yes/no answers!
8. Schedule time to look over your child’s homework. Added Bonus: Maybe you will relearn something you forgot in the process!
9. Schedule family time that lets your family bond. Board game nights, movie nights, bowling nights … change it up and keep the family together.
10. Set an early bedtime for your kids. They may hate you at bed time but they will be happier kids during the day!
Do you have any tips to add? Leave a comment and let me know!
Thanks for these tips. My son will begin preschool part-time this fall and I'm NERVOUS. But excited.
Beth M says
Laila – Thanks for the comment. I am glad to hear you found the tips helpful I am sure your son will do great this school year!!