There are a few crafts I remember making as a kid and Hershey Kiss Roses for Valentine’s Day is one of the crafts I remember. I did adjust this slightly based on the supplies I could find at our Walmart. I will list out the modifications I made off the original craft I remember making.
- Hershey Kisses
- Floral Wire Sticks
- Floral tape
- Red Tissue paper
- Scissors or wire clippers
- Put one Hershey Kiss on the floral wire stick starting at the pointed side going through to the flat side.
- Put another Hershey’s Kiss on the floral wire stick starting with the flat side down (so flat sides touch).
- Cut a piece of tissue paper in a 5 inch by 5 inch square.
- Lay your kiss rose with the top point in the center of the tissue paper.
- Fold the tissue paper so all of the corners meet and then fold the tissue paper down against the kisses.
- Twist the tissue paper around the floral wire stick.
- Take a 5 inch piece of floral tape. Stretch the tape as you wrap it around the tissue paper.
So variations … mom always used red cellophane but Walmart didn’t have this. We also put leaves in the floral tape as we wrapped it but once again Walmart didn’t have any leaves I could use for this. So I opted for Lily of the Valley stems that were only $3 a bunch in the first picture.
This is a great teacher gift or a kids help with craft.
Have you made Valentine’s Hershey Kiss Roses yet? Leave us a comment and let us know!