It is our vision to make our Xtrema products the healthiest for you and our planet. We also want to develop the safest and most versatile cooking alternative versus metal and PTFE coated non-stick cookware. We intend to do everything in our power to make sure that your cooking experience is the absolute best that it can be.
Why is Extrema green and part of Simply Green? (taken from their Why Xtrema is Green page)
- All Xtrema cookware materials are inorganic natural minerals from our earth’s crust.
- The kilns used for manufacturing use clean burning and safe natural gas.
- The non-scratch ceramic cooking surface on the Xtrema cookware is non-reactive and 100% non-toxic. No odors or gases are ever released during the entire cooking process, even if the cooking temperatures exceed 2500 F.
- The Xtrema cooking surface contains no harmful PTFE coating and produces no harmful PFOA gas which can occur with most popular non-stick petroleum based coatings.
- You can cook, serve and store foods in the same Xtrema cookware which will save energy.
- The Xtrema ceramic material retains heat longer which will you’re your food warmer longer when brought to the table.
- Xtrema’s versatility — Stovetop, Oven, Broiler, Microwave Oven, Refrigerator, Freezer, and Table Top usage reduces the need for multiple products which can save energy, time and money.
My thoughts about Extrema …
I was sent a 10″ skillet from Extrema. Or should I say my husband was sent this? I have used it too so I will add both of our input here! This is a heavy duty pan. It has been really great to use in our kitchen and for cooking our dinners. Bob from Extrema gave me the tips to not go above medium heat unless you want sear or boil something, clean the pan just like it was metal, and use nylon or wooden tools since the ceramic material will take the metal of regular tools. These were great tips and made using the pan really easy. I will say that cooking eggs in the pan is an art but keeping Bob’s tips in mind made it pretty simply to figure out even that! My husband has enjoyed cooking meat, veggies, eggs, grilled cheese, … you name it, in this pan and it has helped create some yummy meals. The pan still looks as beautiful as it did the day it showed up here which is a big deal for a pan that is used a lot! I am thinking the Extrema bakeware line would be an excellent line to try. Especially since I am more into the baking and casseroles!;)
I am excited to announce that Extrema has offered a 10″ skillet to one of my readers! This skillet has a $100 value!
NOTE: I was provided with complementary 10″ skillet by Extrema to provide this review. No other compensation was received. All thoughts and opinions expressed in this review are my own.