Product Details …
Take convenience and safety to a whole new level with the LiftMaster® 8550. The reliable, integrated Battery Backup System guarantees access in and out of your garage, even when the power is out. The safety and security features will continue to operate as well, ensuring your family is protected in a power failure. The opener is also equipped with built-in MyQ™ technology, enabling you to close your garage door or turn lights on or off using a smartphone or computer – from anywhere in the world. And because it features soft start and slow stop to reduce noise when it operates, it is perfect for homes with a room above the garage.
- Equipped with MyQ™ technology that lets you monitor and control your garage door and house lights remotely by using a computer or smartphone (LiftMaster Internet Gateway™ accessory required)
- Timer-to-Close feature allows the door to automatically close after a pre-programmed number of minutes
- Auto-force feature constantly monitors garage door system and adjusts forces to temperature fluctuations, floor height, and door track movement
- The Smart Garage Door Opener® lets you electronically program security codes from the Smart Control Panel® or the powerhead
- Enclosed gear case provides continous lubrication for longer life and smoother operation
- A 6-foot power cord makes connecting to a power source easier than ever
- Whole-garage lighting with adjustable light time delay; compatible with CFL bulbs
- Energy-efficient operation consumes up to 75% less power in standby mode
- HOMELINK® compatible with QuickTrain™ technology
- Meets all UL325 requirements
- The Protector System® safety sensors project an invisible light beam across the garage door opening and automatically reverses the door if anything interrupts the beam while door is going down
- Sensing technology will stop the door from closing if contact is made with a person or object
- Opener lights turn on automatically when The Protector System’s infrared beam is interrupted
- Security+2.0™ rolling code technology eliminates frequency interference and assures a new code is sent every time the remote control is used
- Patented PosiLock® system ensures the door remains securely locked when it is closed
- Alert-2-Close warning system provides audible and visual warnings that the garage door is about to close when using the Timer-to-Close or remote closing features
- Manual release handle in case of power failure
Our Thoughts …
We love having the new LiftMaster 8550 Elite Series garage door opener. We love it so much that we purchased a second one for our other garage door! We had two mismatched garage door openers prior to this. The opener buttons on the wall rarely worked. There were no remote openers that worked. The sensors for blocking the garage door as it closed were too high off the ground. AND when we opened and closed them, it sounded like a jet was landing in the garage. You could hear the garage doors open and close in the girls bedroom upstairs which is NOT ideal for sure!
We love this new garage door opener so much Beth made a little video to share some of the features it has. Be sure to check it out …
Saying that we are excited to have new garage door openers is an understatement. We love having them!
We are thrilled to have the opportunity to offer one of our readers the same garage door opener with installation!