Are you thinking about personalized holiday cards for your family? Don’t tell me it is only October and that isn’t on your to-do list yet because that is MY excuse! =P
It wasn’t hard for me to find a favorite from the selection at Purple Trail. I love the ornament pictures in this card here (Name: Snowflakes and ornaments)!
What are 5 ways to create personalize holiday cards?
1. Hit up a personalized holiday card online shop. This has to be easiest way out there. You pick a design, upload your photos, add your message and ta-da! Look at how amazing you are! Not only are you a rock star but look at the time you just saved yourself!!
2. Create cards for different groups of people in your lives. I some times end up with different cards when I shop after Christmas for cards. So I will have some cards for family, others for friends, others for neighbors, etc. I find I don’t get as bored with this too because I am not look at the same card the whole time I make out the Christmas cards!
3. Get crafty. Maybe you ordered the personalized holiday cards from that awesome online shop. Add to it. Get some foam stickers to put on over the snowflakes to make them pop! In all cases though, AVOID the glitter. I hate glitter cards. OK, maybe just avoid the glitter for the card you are sending me as I will then invite you over to clean up the glitter mess it makes! =P
4. Write a message on the cards. Don’t just write “Merry Christmas!” or “Happy Holidays!”. Write a meaningful message that mentions how the kids are, asks how everyone is doing, says something about how much fun you had at the 4th of July party when saw Cousin Frank. Keep it simple though as newsletters are well … newsletters not a nice holiday message. And if you want be really festive with your message use colored ink pens. My old neighbor put every other word in red and green her holiday cards!
5. Add text to your pictures. How often do you get a picture from someone and say “I wonder where they took this?” Or wonder how the old kids are? Or if you are like me, wonder what the kids names are because your own kids have wiped away your ability to remember little details such as your cousin’s kids’ names. I make it a point to at least write on any pictures I send people. I always put who is in the picture, when it was taken (such as Nov 2010) and then I write the kids’ ages next to their names. I figure if someone finds that picture 20 years from now at least they will know who is in it!
What do you do to make your holiday cards special? Do you include pictures? Is it a message that makes your cards special? Or is it the text you add about your pictures? Think about this as you get ready to make your holiday cards because it will be time start ordering them before you know. As I sure you all aware, the holiday decorations are already out at the stores before the Halloween ones can even come down just to remind us that Christmas is coming!
Now, which personalized holiday card from Purple Trail is your favorite?
Great post and I love the photo you included. My favorite tip is get crafty
Night Owl Mama says
I love this idea. I'll have to do this this year I've been bad at doing cards but I really wanted to get them out this yr
I love cards that mean something and personilizing them makes them special. Love this story. Thanks